Friday 17 June 2011

Why Do We Always Miss Out On The Good Tours?

So. 

Do the words, Frak The Gods Tour anger pretty much every Djent fan in Europe at the moment? It has certainly disappointed me. I know we got the LXD tour earlier this year, which was fucking awesome, but I just think the line up for this one is a bit better? Although that is purely personal taste. So I am sure there will be plenty of fellow Djentlemen who totally disagree and couldn't give half a flying fuck about this tour xD 

If this applies to your good self. Skip the next 2 paragraphs? You will be far less angered and we will therefore have less reasons to argue. 



Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. I cant really slag our colonial cousins off too much because I know I have some readers from the states. With this in mind I would just like to inform you that you are lucky bastards to get such a good tour. 

I think the reason why I am so annoyed that we Dont get this tour is NOT because of Periphery but because of the support. I mean LXD had some awesome support in the shape of Tesseract and Monuments but this one has brought out the big guns. I am personally in love with The Human Abstract since Digital Veil dropped. The Contortionist are groovy yet heavy as fuck, which is of course an instant win. And well, textures? Need I say more? 

I also know that quite a few people really aren't too bothered about missing out on this one. Some of the comments I saw on the English Djentlemen's Quarters' page about this particular piece of news, went very much along the lines of;

"Meh, Periphery are good but Spencer's vocals have got too many effects on them, blah blah blah"

Now while this is true, I think it adds to the overall sound. But lets not get into that now? I can understand where people are coming from. I also understand that us Europeans/Brits had some fucking awesome tours come our way. For example LXD and who can forget, the almighty Tech Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself tour.

Now, i thought as I had set myself up for an almighty rant, i would post another couple of tours we miss out on! Just to lighten the mood.


I saw this and thought "OhMyGod. When, Where, How much. I am so going to thi......Oh. Its a US tour" I know they are American bands but still, why can they not do that over here?! Veil Of Maya are one of my favourite bands and The Contortionist are also well up there. So yeah. I thought I would just compound the misery a tad more. Aren't I a nice chap?! 


Before you all start telling me about Animals As Leaders UK tour in September, I am annoyed about this one because Intronaut AND Evan Brewer are on it. I have really gotten into Intronaut recently and well, you all saw me wax lyrical about Mr. Brewer a few days ago, so yeah. Shit.  


RANT OFFICIALLY OVER. 

If you are lucky enough to be in the States around any of the tour dates for any of the three tours i was moaning about, check them out. I can promise you that you will not be disappointed. Veil Of Maya fucking slay live. Periphery are awesome. And well, AAL, Intronaut and Evan Brewer are all just stupidly talented and I'm sure will be insane live.  

Make sure you guys hit up The English Djentlemens Quarters HERE if you haven't already. The admin know their stuff and the general community there are all fantastic people who all love Djent as much as you and I. 

If you have made it this far, I commend your staying power. 

Seriously, thankyou so much for reading. Its appreciated guys. 

Check back tomorrow for something exclusive! (I bet you can't guess what it is ;) ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment