Monday 20 June 2011

This Week's Featured Artist......Ganesh Rao

Why hello there you lovely people! 


Another week begins which can only mean one thing. Featured artist time! A time spent plugging the shit out of a band that I believe everyone in the world should listen to without any question whatsoever. This of course never happens, people will ultimately always disagree. But anyway, I am getting off topic...This week's artist is not a band as such but I feel he is awesome and so needs to be featured! 






Mr. Rao is a student from Texas who is studying Visualisation I believe. Now, before you start saying "Why the fuck is this relevant?!" He creates some of the most amazing stuff you will see in a long time. If you frequent Got Djent?, which of course you do, you will have heard of this guy and his music video/project Empyrean. This is a 3 minute long track which was written,performed and mixed by the man himself accompanied by a gorgeously shot video, directed of course, by Ganesh. 


I spoke to him last week about his background in music, this is what he had to say;


I started song writing and playing guitar about ten years ago. I had got my hands on Fruity Loops around 2001 and had instantly fell in love with the concept of virtual instruments, music programming and mixing. Ever since then I've steadily picked up some music theory and experimented with guitar tunings and effects to create interesting sounds and soundscapes. I'm a very visual person, I sketch, paint, make conceptual art and keep having vivid, elaborate dreams. Most of my music and art either comes to me in my dreams, or are my attempts to recreate the things that I see and feel in my dreams

This really does show in the stuff I have seen of his. It is very surreal, very dreamlike and makes little to no sense until you look deeper into it. The music itself, which I suppose is why I am featuring him, is actually very good too. It is straight up Djent. This is always a good thing in my opinion.

I will have an interview with the big man himself posted later on in the week, so keep checking back for that! I am not arseing about saying its an exclusive and shit, because although it is, that will get fucking annoying after a while if I say it every week! 

Check this guy out. Seriously. You will not be disappointed. 


Much love guys! Check out my new Facebook page HERE if you haven't had a chance already. To those that have 'Liked' it, thanks so much! 

Will probably post something tomorrow. See ya then peoples.

No comments:

Post a Comment