Sunday 19 June 2011

First Week Hurdles, Gushing Thanks and Amazing People.

And now, for the second time today............... Another post that has nothing to do with music at all! Dont you just love it?! 



Anyway, here we are, the end of the first week for me here at Musings Of A Djentleman. I am genuinely taken a-back at the support I have got for this thing. I started out hoping for around 50 views in my first week, largely coming from friends who have taken pity on me and visited the page purely to humour me. However, I have received over TEN TIMES this in merely 6 days. 

This is honestly well over what I ever could have expected and all I can do is thank everyone so much for reading my incessant ramblings over the last 6 days! It does just prove to me that the metal community is a fucking amazing one. 

I would like to say a special thankyou to a few people who have really put MoaD out there and introduced so many people to it;

Firstly, Simon Garrod and the wonderful people at The English Djentlemen's Quarters. He has helped me pretty much from the first day and i am really greatful. I am sure he will become a good friend to myself and all things Djent! If you haven't checked out the EDQ page, there is a link HERE

Secondly, David Hurst of Monolyth Studios. This guy is just awesome and has been helping me plug the blog all over Facebook. Lovely guy and a pleasure to talk to! Make sure you hit up his page HERE

Thirdly, I would like to thank Bryan Shephard for all of his hard work on the design. I think you will agree it looks the tits! If you ever need any graphics work done, send him a message at: margoloh@gmail.com. He is crazy talented and very reasonable. He also loves Djent, so is therefore instantly awesome. 

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who has been reading. It really is humbling to get feedback from you saying you are enjoying reading. I love doing it and to know you guys are getting something out of it is just fantastic! 

Now before I finish this post, I would like to also apologise! I promised you an exclusive with An Obscure Signal, which is yet to surface. I have emailed them and I hope to get the interview up next week. If not I have some more amazing bands lined up for you guys! 

The very last thing I would like to say to you guys is i decided to set up a Facebook page! So check it out HERE. It should update all you wonderful people when a new post appears so I dont have to spend all day trolling Facebook for views. Would be amazing if you could give the page a big old 'Like' while you are there too! 

I promise to post something music related tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment