Sunday 10 July 2011

Interview Time! The Paradoxical Spiral

Wow. Its really late...

I really cannot be bothered to write an article right now. So have an interview instead! 





 

Hey there Mike! Thanks for taking the time to talk to us here at Musings. First of all, tell everyone a bit about The Paradoxical Spiral?


Hey guys! Thanks for having me. The Paradoxical Spiral started out as a simple mini
project on the side, nothing major. I was in a band called "Discordance" at the timeand I used to write things with a drummer in the band who's name isn't worthmentioning at this point, and a guitarist (Joel Jason). Joel Jason started writinga ton of drums for me through FL Studio, and I'd record it with a Roland 30x watt amp directly into my computer haha. Not the best way, But that's pretty much when TPS was born.The name came from my iTunes list, I was scrolling down and I'm horrible with naming things, I just enjoy getting my work done, So The Paradoxical Spiral it was! Ever since then,Joel Jason got caught up with his band "Mother Night" and I decided to understandhow to tab my stuff and write my own drums, and after a bunch of practice and puttingtime into it, It's what it is today! Progressing to be an official band, play shows and do toursif possible, and featuring members from Razing Valhalla (Jared Nicolan - Guitar) and In Dire Need (Josh Conrad - Bass).


You released your first album, Necromorphs, last year. How do you feel your sound has progressed since then? 

It's progressed a ton! Pretty much "Necromorphs" was a Guitar Pro forced album.It's basically when I was getting into tabbing, and understanding drums (sort of)And all the material I was making ended up being one full album. That was recorded with a Line 6 Pod x3 at the time, and most of the songs don't even have bass on the album.It was definitely rushed and all fun haha. Although, The new album is a lot more technical,a lot more melodic, and a lot more heavier to say the least.


You have a brand new album coming out this year, give us a taste of what we can expect? Will it be in the same vein as "Voids Of Rapture" that we released the other day?

 Indeed I do! The name of the album is "An Ancient Prophecy" There will be 14 tracks, and it'll be 43 minutes long.As for the same sound as Voids in Rapture, it's all for you to decide, although in my opinion and what I try to do is,Keep thinks different and interesting, So it doesn't bore the listener.


Are there any ideas in regards to a release date? 

A release date is up in the air right now, but im shooting for early August, but the end of August the latest! We'll have pre-orders of a digitalcopy through theparadoxicalspiral.bandcamp.com The album will be $10.00, but maybe i'll add one of those niftydiscount codes for pre-orders. But like I said, everything is still up in the air. We're waiting on album artwork by Alex Prylewho did the album art work for Encircle, Anthony Digiacomo's project. As for hard copies, we're waiting on that one. Our bassistJosh Conrad volunteered to help out with pressing some.


Are there any plans for merchandise? 

Absolutely! I for one am all for merch. We'll definitely get those started, possibly some band logo t's and maybealbum concept t's as well!


Who influences you as an artist?

A ton of people, But off the top of my head, Guthrie Govan, Ron Jarombek, Tosin Abasi, Allan Holdsworth, Muhammed Suicmez,Mikael Akerfeldt, and most likely a bunch more, I'm really horrible with thinking of names from the top of my head haha.


Is a live show a possibility in the future?

You can count on it. As long as everyone works to their full potential learning it (which everything seems to be going smoothly so far!) We'llhave tons of shows in the future.


As always, we like to offer every featured artist a chance to say something to our readers. So go ahead!

Thanks a lot for reading, and thanks for supporting my music! I hope to see you all at a show once we get everything squared away. Thanks again!


So there we have it! 

Make sure you go hit up my featured artist this week! The amazing, The Paradoxical Spiral. 

Speak soon guys

No comments:

Post a Comment