Saturday 2 July 2011

8 Bit, Electro AND Djent? Oh yes.

Good afternoon to you all. 


I woke up this morning after an incredibly late night, thinking to myself "I want to listen to something ridiculously different today". This is what I did. Yeah, I'm that badass. 


After trawling through my incredibly large Ipod library I settled upon a band/project I only stumbled upon a week or so ago. They are a self recorded/produced band from the good old English county of Oxfordshire, going by the name Sky Sanctuary. 






This is another example of a small time band posting on the Musings Facebook wall, me listening and thinking they are one of the best things to happen to the world since sliced bread and then wanting to tell everyone they should feel the same way as me. Of course not everybody will agree but I do hope that some of you will. 


Anyway this isn't a review, as such, largely due to the fact that they haven't released anything. This is more of a promotional post, to help these guys get some more attention from the general community. I know that because you are just awesome people, this shouldn't be too much of a hard task. 


Sky Sanctuary seem to be a band who have gone, "Ya know what, fuck this normal Djent sound. Lets make some sweet ass grooves but add the soundtrack to mario in for good measure" And although it isnt actually the mario soundtrack, its something you would expect to hear from the old 8 bit arcade games. 


Before you turn your nose up, it really works. I mean, I could be called biased because I am a big fan of people who make metal songs 8 Bit. It just sounds awesome in my opinion. So for a band to incorporate that into their sound along side the guitars and drums is like heaven for me. 






From what I can gather after speaking to Joey Cohen, Sky Sanctuary's guitarist, they will have an EP, entitled Insert Coins, out in the near future as well as a follow up full length soon after that. This of course pleases me and gets me even more stoked to hear some more tracks. 


The title track to the EP is already up on the bands Facebook page. It is a typically groovy Djent track with tempo changes galore. However there is a strong central melody well woven into the track throughout. It 8bit, electro synths follow the track through well, providing brilliant accompaniment to the guitars. 


All in all, I am stoked for their new release and I am sure I will purchase it for a review when it does drop! 


Check them out HERE and give them a Like! 


Speak soon guys 

1 comment:

  1. FYI you choose the best bands to talk about my friend :]

    ReplyDelete