Thursday 7 July 2011

Featured Artist, Exclusives And A Big Grovelling Apology

Woah. Its been a while.....


Lets start today's post with the big apology shall we. I started the blog a few weeks ago with the intention of updating every day with new, cool shit for you awesome people to read. I was obviously not thinking realistically. The past few days have been an arsehole in terms of being able to post, largely due to work and wank like that. It is incredibly frustrating and has not made me at all happy. So, for all of you lovely people who have been checking back on the blog every day since Saturday's post to see if there is anything new, I am sorry. I really do appreciate you continuously looking for new material though, it means a lot to me. I will pay you all back in the future with some more cool, probably free, stuff! 


I would also like to say thankyou to our Featured Guys last week. The Helix Nebula. Remember to go hit them up! 


Anyway, after that, I need to get on to actually posting music related stuff! 



As you can see, I have had a funky new graphic done, which will be used each week for the obligatory "Featured Artist" post on a Monday. However, as I managed to miss that this week, I am going to use it now and announce my featured artist. 

If you have been reading the Facebook page, you will have seen one of my sporadically posted updates from the last few days, this of course has already revealed my artist for this week. However if you haven't seen it, I am wondering why you haven't been on the page?! Naah, I joke! For those of you who dont know, my band this week is none other than Tech overlords The Paradoxical Spiral! 

If you haven't heard of The Paradoxical Spiral, you need to check them out. NOW. Although, when i say "Them", I should really say "Him". This is because The Paradoxical Spiral is the name given to the solo project of shredder, fret wizard and all round nice guy, Mr. Mike Dunn. 

Mike is a guitarist from Massachusetts in the USA and has been making music under the name The Paradoxical Spiral for a while now. He has, unfortunately, remained under the radar of a lot of metal fans and has therefore got a piss poor number of fans. I aim to change this.  












Paradoxical's debut LP was released last year on the bands Bandcamp page. It is a blisteringly technical album. My only flaw with it being that it sounds too obviously programmed and stuff like that. However, the guitars are just insane. Anyone who denies that this man has serious talent is clearly a moron. 


Necromorphs got my attention. Big time. However, I kind of forgot about TPS...... until recently. I was chatting to Anthoney Di'Giacomo (Encircle) about his new album (Which I still need to review because its so bloody good) when he told me about a brand spanking new TPS LP due for release soon. He kindly got me in touch with Mike and after speaking to him for a while, I managed to bag an early copy of the upcoming sophomore release An Ancient Prophecy. 


Shit A Brick. It is fucking amazing. 


I wont go into too much detail now though, as I will review the album later in the week/next week. 


So yeah, go like TPS NOW! Click HERE to go to their Facebook Page. 








Ooooooh.. more nice graphics! I hear you say. Well you aren't mistaken. Here is my second brand new graphic designed by the always awesome, Bryan Shepherd. Hit this guy up for graphics work at amazing prices: Margoloh@gmail.com


Moving on....


As the graphic exclaims, we do have an exclusive here at Musings. We like exclusives right? 


Well, Mike Dunn of TPS has kindly let me share one of the tracks from the brand new album An Ancient Prophecy, with you guys. You can only find it here. Nowhere else. 


The song Voids In Rapture can be listened to HERE.


It is fast, technical and has some serious groove. The melodic parts are also seriously orgasmic. So be careful of those impending Eargasms! 






Phew. Glad that's over with. As I said earlier, seriously sorry about shitty lack of posts. I promise to do better in the future! 


Also, I would like to thank all of you who have liked the page recently, we are up to 250 in just over 3 weeks :D Tell everyone and get us to 500 in the next 3! 


Love you all guys, thanks so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment